The age of cable television is dying and streaming services are taking over. I, like many others, don’t watch cable television. I subscribe to popular streaming services instead: Netflix, Hulu, HBO and Amazon Prime.
A lot of people joke that they don’t pay for their Netflix and that they just mooch off of someone else’s account. I’m on the other end of that, I’m the account owner and I have two moochers.
I’m currently waiting for some of my favorite shows to return with a new season so I’ve been watching a few new shows and of course rewatching some of my go-to’s. So, I thought I’d share what I’m currently watching and what I have on my watchlist.
I have many different tastes and like watching all sorts of shows and movies so if you have suggestions please drop them in the comments below!
- Once Upon a Time – I’ve actually watched a good portion of this series but never finished so I’m starting over and currently on season three
- How to Get Away with Murder
- NCIS – have started and stopped a while ago. I need to pick it up again.
- The Office – I have multiple friends who are almost mad at me for not having seen it yet so I just started it this past weekend.
To watch list:
- Black Mirror – The most recent season. Heard it’s good.
- New Girl – my best friend and co-workers love this series and I’ve seen an episode or two but haven’t started the binging.
- Criminal Minds
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
- Designated Survivor – my mom and her boyfriend love this show.
- Gilmore Girls – yup, never seen it, but I’m still a middle/high school girl at heart.
- Gossip Girl – same as above
- Supernatural – I’m a Vampire Diaries fan, thought this would be a good show to fill that void.
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
- The Originals – again, Vampire Dairies fan but haven’t been able to binge this series.
- The Umbrella Academy
- Orange is the New Black
- Queer Eye
- Christopher Robin
- The Ranch
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- A Wrinkle in Time
- The Sixth Sense – saw it once and want to watch again, but I’m a scaredy cat and need someone to watch it with me.
- Bird Box
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Law & Order: SVU – one of my all time favorite shows and I watch it when I’m not feeling anything else.
- Family Guy – that background noise type of show that I don’t mind falling asleep watching.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation – I watched this a lot as a kid and I’m enjoying watching it again from the beginning.
- Love Island
- Grey’s Anatomy – waiting patiently for the new season
- Station 19 – also waiting patiently for the new season
To watch list:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Enemy Within
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – heard great things, should check it out.
- Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD – a mom recommendation.
- The Resident
- Whiskey Cavalier
- This Is Us – yeah… haven’t jumped on that bandwagon yet.
- New Amsterdam
- The Handmaid’s Tale – I want to read the book first.
- Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists – saw all of PLL, gotta watch the spin-off.
- Manifest – actually started watching this with the family on actual cable and then missed a few episodes so I have to start over.
- Will & Grace – both old and new.
- The Good Doctor
- Mom – need to watch episodes I missed.
- The Good Wife
- Younger – started and stopped and have no idea why.
- I’m putting Game of Thrones here only because I’m still sad it’s over.
- Big Little Lies – I haven’t started the new series yet, but I’m super excited.
To watch list:
- Sharp Objects
- Aquamarine – saw it when it came out and loved it. Need to watch it soon.
- Ready Player One
- Love and Other Drugs
- Farenheit 451
No “Currently Watching” unfortunately, just a to watch list:
- The Man in the High Castle
- Downtown Abbey
- Z: The Beginning of Everything
- November Criminals
- Lady Bird
- Wayne’s World – a classic.
- The Glass Castle – read the book in school, want to see the movie.
Throw in your comments of your favorite shows and what I should add to my watchlist in the comments below.